Sunday, July 26, 2009

Teenage Drivers...

Well today had to of been the worst day of my life. Two days ago I purchased a brand new car. A 2009 Toyota Corolla. Today, in town, on the way to get soda's (That were on sale $1 a 2 liter)... some young girl, still with her learners permit decided to turn right. I was behind her, she used her blinker, slowed down at the intersection and began to turn.. about half way into it she changed her mind or something then turned back into traffic and there was a screeching of brakes and tires and a awful scraping sound. I tried to stop and turn away from her reentering traffic but I wasn't fast enough. I couldn't go too far due to traffic passing us in the next lane. My passenger side front fender and bumper now has some brand new scratches and dents in it as well as my headlight bracket is broken. My bumper is also pushed up into the fender a bit.

This was the girl's first time in town driving. Her father told the cop exactly what happened and I told him the same. I literally got sick to my stomach about it. Now I have to wait until Monday to call my insurance agent (who is also the other person's agent) and then wait until Monday or Tuesday afternoon for the police report.

And of course all my mom's husband could say was "you shouldn't have been tailgating." As if I had a choice at a traffic light in bumper to bumper traffic.

No comments: